Distance Training in
Classical Adlerian Depth Psychotherapy:
Intermediate Theory: Part I
Instructor: Henry T. Stein, Ph.D.
||To develop a deeper and detailed insight into Adler's theory of personality through a comprehensive study.
||Selected chapters from published books, journal articles, and unpublished lectures by Alfred Adler.
||Classical Adlerian Theory & Practice (Part I), a series of audio taped seminars presented by Henry Stein offering a stimulating combination of lecture, questions and discussion. (Fifteen hours)
||Comments and questions.
||Five hours of telephone conferencing.
||Approximately five to ten weeks.
||Prerequisite: Course DT101
Outline of Course Content
- STRIVING FOR SIGNIFICANCE
- Horizontal and Vertical Striving
- Normal and Exaggerated Inferiority Feelings
- Inferiority Complex
- Primary and Secondary Inferiority Feelings
- Normal, Under, and Over-Compensation
- Five Fields of Striving (Bruck)
- Use of Inferiority Feelings
- SOCIAL INTEREST
- Deeper Meaning of Gemeinshaftsgefeuhl
- Scope of the Feeling of Community
- Psychological Functions (Thinking, Feeling, Action, ...)
- Developmental Schema
- ACTIVITY LEVEL
- Degree of Activity
- Radius of Activity
- Spheres of Activity (Tasks of Life)
- Direction of Activity
- STYLE OF LIFE
- Definitions (Adler, de Vries, & Sicher)
- Components (Traits, Attitudes, Complexes, ...)
- Dynamics (Unity, Creativity, Uniqueness, ...)
- Expressive Movement
- Origin in Childhood
- Typologies of Adult Styles
- ROOTS OF DEVELOPMENT
- Creative Power of the Child
- Pregnancy/Birth Experience
- Family Constellation/Birth Order
- Physical Constituiton and Aspect
- Formative Education/Parenting Styles
- Social-Economic-Religious-Cultural Factors
- Gender Role
- FICTIONS, RECOLLECTIONS, AND DREAMS
- Types and Purposes of Fictions
- Understanding Psychological Movement
- The Function of Early Recollections
- Day and Night Dreams
- Life Style Conclusions
REGISTRATION FOR: DISTANCE TRAINING IN CLASSICAL ADLERIAN DEPTH PSYCHOTHERAPY
INTERMEDIATE THEORY: PART I - DT102A
(Please print this form, fill it out, and mail it with your course fee.)
City:___________________State:___________ Zip:________ Country:__________
Home Tel:__________________________ Bus.Tel:______________________________
Tuition Enclosed: ___________ (payable to "Henry T. Stein, Ph.D.")
Mail to: Alfred Adler Institute of Northwestern Washington
2565 Mayflower Lane
Bellingham, WA 98226
Information: Call Henry T. Stein, Ph.D.
Use the "Buy Now" link below to order with a credit card(via PayPal).
Distance Training Course: DT102A - Intermediate Theory - Part I